MEET OUR DOCTOR’S
Ahmed is a Specialist General Surgeon.
Ahmed has been trained in different parts of the world obtaining the following qualifications:
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians (Glasgow).
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (USA).
- Fellow of the Arab Board for Medical Specialiszation in General Surgery.
- Fellow of the Iraqi Board for Medical Specialiszation in General Surgery (Iraq).
Ahmed is recognised as an Educator in Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and American College of Surgeons as an Instructor in Trauma Surgery (ATLS and EMST). Ahmed is a member of European Association of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery. Currently, he is a visiting General surgeon to Ballarat Health Services, Maryborough, and Ararat Hospitals as well as at St John of God hospital.
His expertise includes outstanding high levelskills in:
- Breast (benign and malignant diseases).
- Endocrine procedures (Thyroid, parathyroid & parotid).
- Colorectal Surgery (open and laparoscopic)
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Gall bladder Surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Hernia repairs
- Trauma and emergency surgery
- Skin Surgery
Ahmed still performs a wide range of General Surgical procedures, & brings multicultural insights to his personal style. Ahmed is a regular participant at the Grampians Integrated Cancer Service (GICS) Gastrointestinal, Head and Neck, and Breast Multidisciplinary Meetings. Professionally, Ahmed continues to meet the RACS Continuing Professional Development requirements.